- How can I manage my money so I can take control of my finances?
- Why should I use a bank?
- How do I decide which bank I should use?
- What is a credit union?
- How does a checking account work?
- What is a debit card?
- Virtual Money Management
- How do check cashing services work?
- What types of insurance should I have?
- What can I do now to prepare for my eventual retirement?
- My daughter is going to college next year, what can I do now to start to prepare for paying for school?
- Is all financial aid ‘free money’?
- Where does Financial Aid come from?
- When should my student apply for financial aid?
- How does my student apply for financial aid?
- If parents are divorced, which parent provides information for the student’s FAFSA?
- Are there resources available in the parents name to help pay for their student’s education?
- What happens if I am denied a PLUS loan?
- My child is paying for school on her own; do I have to provide my information on the FAFSA?
- If I provide my information on the FAFSA, does this obligate me to pay for my child’s education?
- I have multiple children in college; do I need to complete a separate FAFSA for each child?
- What should I do if I have special circumstances not indicated on the FAFSA?
- Is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) the actual amount that we will owe the school?
- Helpful and Important Links
- What is a private loan?
- What is the difference between a private loan and a Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan?
- What is the difference between a private loan and a PLUS loan?
- When should I consider a private loan?
- What are some things I should look for in a private loan?
- What does APR stand for?
- What is a grace period?
- When will repayment begin on a private loan?
- What is my interest rate on a private loan?
- Are there any fees for taking out a private loan?
- Are private loans guaranteed by the government?
- Where can I find information about private loans?
- What does interest capitalization mean and how often does it occur?
- Do you have any suggestions for what I should be doing now to prepare myself to repay my loans?
- What is the New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship Program (NJ STARS)?
- What is the Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Scholarship Program (LEOM)?
- What is the New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant (TAG)?
- What is the New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)?
- What is the New Jersey World Trade Center (WTC) Scholarship?
- What is the New Jersey Survivor Tuition Benefits Program (STB)?
- What financial aid programs are available for NJ residents?